Ueno Yoshoku Toyama
A novel restaurant that elevates Japanese yoshoku cuisine with French culinary techniques
Chef Toyama, who comes from a French culinary background, crafts exquisite sauces and utilizes fresh ingredients to offer up a menu of Japanese yoshoku food, a classic type of Japanese cuisine that blends in Western influences.
They have a highly regarded special demi-glace sauce that they use, which takes about a week until it’s fully complete. The base of the sauce is built up with their own original expertly prepared dashi stock. This produces a rich, yet mellow sauce that explodes with flavor. The hamburg steak, a noted specialty at the restaurant, comes amply topped with this demi-glace sauce.
They also have wine available to offer a perfect pairing with your meal.
Features an open kitchen so you can enjoy your food with a firsthand view of their amazing cooking.
They also offer a Western-style curry that has been meticulously perfected over many years.
The chef recommends their “bag” shaped Hamburg steak that comes packed with meaty flavor.
Post a review and receive a scratch card!
Scratch the card to get coupons that are useful for traveling in Japan!
- Name in Japanese
- 上野洋食 遠山
- Postal Code
- 2F Ueno no Mori Sakura Terrace, 1-54 Uenokoen, Taito-ku, Tokyo
- No holidays
- Business Hours
[Monday to Wednesday]
LUNCH 11:00am-4:00pm（FOOD L.O.3:00pm）
[Thursday to Sunday, holidays]
CAFÉ 2:30pm-5:00pm（FOOD L.O.4:00pm）
CAFÉ: 3:00pm -5:00pm
DINNER: 5:00pm -11:00pm
- Lunch 1,000-2,000 yen, Dinner 4,000-6,000 yen
(1) About 1 minute on foot from Ueno Station on the JR Yamanote Line / JR Keihin Tohoku Line
(2) About 2 minute on foot from Ueno Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza Line and Hibiya Line
*Smoking is only permitted at their terrace seating.
- Credit Cards
- Accepted(American Express, Diners Club, JCB, Master, Visa)
- Official Website
- Official Website (Japanese)